Thursday, December 9, 2010

New Do!

Okay my loves... here it is! My fabulous new design by the amazing Lauren at Blue Lux! I am so excited for you all to see it I can barely stand it! A huge thank you to Lauren for all your hard work, and putting up with all of my emails into the crazy hours of the night! You totally get my vote for wonder woman of the year. :)

And now on to my fill my sappy-emotional quota for the day. As most of you know, I'm still fairly new to blogging. It all began when I saw a link on a friend's Facebook to her blog, so I clicked. After browsing around to different blogs (and almost instantly relating to so many of them), I thought I'd give it a shot. Had I not had that extra free hour that day to take the time and set it up, I probably would have just left it alone and never thought about it again. I can't tell you how thankful I am that I didn't! I can honestly say that this has been such a wonderful outlet for me and I am beyond glad that I entered into the world of blogging. You all are such a wonderful people! I've met some truly great women here that I never would have had the pleasure of knowing before without this network. Everyone has a story... from the newly married 20-something just moving into her first house, to the new mom with the world's best little "surprise," to the girl who just graduated and can't find a job. The best part is being able to share in each other's journey, because at one point or another we might just be in the same place. To know that no matter how much it feels like no one else gets it, there's someone out there who's been through it. Knowing you're not alone is much better than trying to push through all by yourself, and makes a world of difference. At the risk of sounding like a major creeper, I feel like I've gotten to know some of you as if we'd been friends for years and just happened to live far apart. I mean, come on... how cool is that?! To that end, I'd just like to say thanks to all the women who have given me such a positive blogging experience so far! You're amazing.

Lastly, I'd like to ask for your prayers... About 8 months ago one of my very close friends found out that her mother had cancer. The doctors all thought they had caught it early enough for her to recover just fine. Unfortunately, this past week they found out that her cancer had returned and had spread quicker than they ever imagined... as it was now in her spine. This morning I received a text from her saying that the doctors are only giving her a couple of days left to spend with her family, and they expect her to be called Home any day now. She (my friend) just got engaged a couple months ago and will now most likely be getting married without her mother by her side... on the most important day of her life. As I hold back the tears, I ask each of you to be reminded of how fragile our lives can be. Cherish the time you have with one another now... you never know when that time will be cut short.

I hope you all have a wonderful night! And turn up those heaters, girls! It's getting cold (ok, chilly...) even here in Florida!

Goodnight y'all!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the look! Your friend has my prayers!

Laura said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Your layout looks great (i'm looking to update mine sometime soon, it's too boring!!!)

I noticed you favorite book is "the art of running in the rain" We're dog people up here, and I"m thinking about giving it to my mom as one of her Christmas gifts. You aprove??

Phoebe Jan said...

I'm also fairly new to this whole blogging thing and I can't begin to tell you how reading other people's blogs has really inspired me to do more in my life. And a lot of them are just so fun! Haha.

I love your layout, especially the colors! Can't wait to read more from you! =)

Lauren said...

I am so glad you like your new design!! :) I think yours might be my current favorite!

Praying for your friend, I just can not even imagine. :/ Life truly is unfair. Hugs!!

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

You're new blog design is FANTASITC!!! Lauren did mine too, and I love it. Super cute bloggy girl!! I'm looking forward to following you!!

My stepfather has cancer too, and something similar happened with him (i.e. he was proclaimed cancer free, but then it came back and spread quicker than anyone imagined). It's under control for now, but the docs say he'll have to be on chemo the rest of his life. So sad. Cancer terrifies me. It is so merciless. You're friend and her mother are in my prayers... I simply cannot imagine...

Sarah said...

I haven't had time to get on blogger lately and I'm catching up on my reading so I just came across this. I LOOOOOOOVE your new design!! I may have to break down and have mine done by someone because I am so tired of messing with it. Super cute, Margaret!!