Sunday, July 18, 2010

First things first...

Hmm... where to start?! Well, as you can tell, this is my very first post! I'm very new to the whole process and more than welcome any comments/hints/tips, etc.!

I can't lie... I started this blog as a result of clicking on a friend's blog linked on Facebook for what I thought would be a quick read, then as my daily routine commanded, I would check my email, add a couple more pictures to FB, then clean the kitchen (exciting, right?! I know...). About 4 hours later I had literally 27 different tabs opened in my browser of different blogs I just couldn't stop reading. I don't know how I went so long without this...

A little more about me: I grew up in Florida and have been here my entire life. I'm a huge animal lover and have a special place in my heart for labs (...okay, and anything pink too!). I think CCI (Canine Companions for Independence) is an amazing organization, and if you're unfamiliar with them you should most definitely Google it. I love the beach, decorating anything, running (even though, as I mentioned in my 'about me' it's sort of a love/hate thing), teaching, and generally enjoying life. I guess you could say I'm in a transition phase of my life and I'm constantly trying to figure everything out (but who isn't?!). I like to say that I live life with no regrets, only lessons learned. If I could have a second "me", I'd be a wedding planner and/or interior designer. I could honestly sit in a pile of wedding and decorating magazines all day and be completely happy. I believe there's no problem in the world that can't be solved with a great group of friends, a glass of wine, and maybe even a good run. I try very hard to maintain a "glass is half full" perspective on life, and some days I'm more successful than others. Life is good... and I'm very excited for the journey it holds.

For future reference, here's a list of people who will most likely frequent this blog... just so you're familiar!

RK- My other half of 7 years. We've been through it all... ups, downs, and all the in-between. More often than not he knows me better than I know myself. He is truly my best friend in life and I honestly don't know what I'd do without him.

Charley- My 1-year-old yellow lab. He's the best four legged friend a girl could ever ask for. He has a personality 10 times bigger than himself and is the biggest "gentle giant" you'll ever meet. He was diagnosed with severe elbow and hip dysplasia (CHD) at only 8 weeks old. He has gone through the first of two necessary surgeries to help with the pain (and hopefully eliminate any future problems) and is doing great with his rehab!

LA- My best girlfriend since we were 10! Unfortunately, we had to leave each other during college but make it a point to stay close no matter what. No matter how long we go without talking, we always seem to pick right back up where we left off.

Okay, well I think that's good for now... I've got to get some sleep! I'll update more tomorrow. Goodnight ya'll! :)

3 comments:

A Wedding Story said...

Welcome to the blog world!! Have fun!

Ms. Dutton said...

Thanks!! I love it so far. It's quite addicting! ;)

Star said...

Blogging is such a great thing. It keeps me sane.